I do my best to stay energetic, optimistic, and full of life. However, sometimes, for one reason or another, I find myself feeling a little flat. Even when I recognize I’m feeling this way, sometimes it’s difficult to shake it.
I’ve found when I’m feeling a little flat, it helps to shake things up. The change in routine often bumps me out of my slump and gets the juices flowing again.
Below are 25 ways to shake things up and regain your fizz, quite a few of which I’ve done.
25 ways to shake things up and regain your fizz
- Join Toastmasters
- Go to a different meetup once a month (see meetup.com for lots of great meetups)
- Sleep with your head at the foot of the bed
- Read, read, read (see my favorites here and a great list here)
- Read a different type of book (e.g. fiction vs nonfiction)
- Rearrange the furniture in your house
- Get a different style of haircut
- Call your spouse by a different nickname
- Get up early and go for a walk
- Hire a business or life coach
- Ask someone to be your mentor
- Volunteer at an animal shelter, the YMCA, or a national park
- Take your family on an outdoor adventure every 4-6 weeks
- Teach a Sunday school class
- Give a speech at your local Chamber of Commerce or Rotary Club
- Take 3 hours each month to review your progress on your goals
- Download Compass and plan your life together with your spouse
- Join the gym
- Attend church on Sundays
- Try a new side business in the next 30 days
- Start a blog
- Take yoga classes
- Greet every person you meet with a smile for one week straight
- Declutter and organize the basement
- Do the Big 5, Daily 5, and Nightly 3 Practice
If you’re ever feeling like you’ve gone a little flat, give one of these a try. The fresh activity might be just what you need to get going again.
Have you done any of these? Anything you’d add to the list?