Wow, sometimes my thoughts are my own worst enemy. Once I start down the path of having a crappy attitude, things can spiral downhill pretty quickly. It’s during these times when I feel the urgent need to stop the bleeding and get back on track!
A simple way to do this is to remind myself of everything I am grateful for. I stop the bleeding with gratitude.
Sure, there are things I wish were different. For instance, there are things that I’d like to do differently in my business. Plus, after looking at my Twitter feed, I wish I was at the World Domination Summit with Chris Guillebeau. Oh, and a little more sleep would be nice too!
But the reality is, we all have those things that we wish were different. My list might be different from yours, but we all have a list.
When I have a crappy attitude, focusing on the things I am grateful for stops the bleeding and gets me back on track.
Here are just a few of the things I am presently grateful for:
- I left a job with a negative environment that had no future for me
- I started my own business where I’m getting real world experience
- my business is growing!
- Claudia and I went to a mastermind retreat recently with some great people
- I am learning and growing from the wealth of knowledge in books and podcasts
- I have a loving family and a supportive wife
- I’m also thankful for my current struggles – knowing they will make me stronger
The truth is, I have never been more excited about what I’m doing, the people I’m around, and were I’m headed in the future.
If you ever find yourself with a crappy attitude and things spiraling downhill fast, give this a try. It’s been super helpful for me.
Question: Have you ever used gratitude to fix a crappy attitude?